At Anderson Chiropractic in McMurray, we believe that the prevention of injuries is important. We also realize that some injuries aren’t avoidable. We are committed to whole-body health and wellness of our patients and providing holistic chiropractic sports injury treatment using several different modalities.
Common Sports Injuries
- Repetitive Motion: Tennis, running, golf, basketball, baseball, and swimming are sports that can cause repetitive motion injuries. Excessive repetition in shoulders, knees, wrists, and other joints can be temporary or chronic. Repetitive motion injuries are injuries to the muscles, nerves, ligaments, and tendons in the affected area. Chiropractic treatment is a natural solution to this type of injury. Chiropractic adjustments aid in the reduction of inflammation and improving joint mobility.
- Muscle Sprains and Strains: Chiropractic care for muscle strains and sprains is a natural approach to pain relief. Joint manipulation can ease pain, reduce inflammation, and improve mobility.
- Torn Ligaments: Ligaments can snap from sudden impact injuries or over time from sustained overuse. Torn ligaments are extremely painful and can take several months to recover from. A chiropractor can aid in pain relief as you recover and help to prevent this type of injury from occurring again in the future.
- Displaced Bones: When impacted heavily, bones can become dislocated from their sockets. Athletes suffering from dislocations experience severe pain, swelling, and immobility of the affected area. Chiropractic treatment can realign the bone into the socket and offer pain relief.
Chiropractic Treatment of Sports Injuries
- Chiropractic Adjustment: It’s commonly known that a chiropractor will use adjustments to manipulate joints in the spine. What is less known is that adjustments can be applied to other areas in the body to improve health and relieve pain. Chiropractors use gentle manual manipulation to relieve affected nerves which contribute to the pain experienced by patients.
- Physical Therapy: Chiropractors help patients learn proper ways to stretch and exercise to improve function to targeted areas in the body. This increases patients’ range of motion and helps prevent recurrence of injury.
- Massage Therapy: Treatment of injuries with chiropractic care is enhanced by massage therapy. Massage therapy helps relieve muscle tension. This can make chiropractic adjustments more effective.
- Nutritional Counseling: Because your nutritional habits affect your whole-body health, we believe in nutritional counseling for our patients. The foods you eat affect your body’s function and performance. Many athletes see improved fitness, performance, and strength with nutritional counseling from a chiropractor.
Visit Our Chiropractor Today
At Anderson Chiropractic, our chiropractor has years of experience helping patients in McMurray, PA, and the surrounding area recover from sports injuries. For more information about our chiropractic care, or to schedule an appointment, call us at (724) 941-5805 or visit us online.