Headaches and Migraines
Many people cannot tell the difference between a headache and a migraine. It is important to differentiate between the two so you know how to alleviate your pain. Luckily, chiropractic care can help in alleviating pain from both headaches and migraines. At Anderson Chiropractic in McMurray, PA, our chiropractor will diagnose your head pain and provide a natural treatment solution for your condition.
Migraine vs Headache
A headache refers to unpleasant head pains that cause aching and pressure. Headaches mainly occur in regions such as the forehead, back of your neck, and temples. The pain can last for half an hour to seven days.
When the head pains are more severe or intense, it’s called a migraine. Besides head pains, migraines portray other symptoms, such as distorted vision, vomiting, nausea, sound or light sensitivity, and pains behind the ear or eye. Some types of migraines also exhibit no headaches and only present other symptoms.
Causes of Headaches
Headaches are common, and most people are likely to experience a headache at some point. Some common causes of headaches include:
- Emotional factors, like stress
- Health conditions
- Environmental conditions
Causes of Migraines
Unlike headaches, the exact cause of migraines is unknown. However, several triggers can lead to migraines. These include:
- Weather changes
- Certain types of foods and drinks
- Hormonal changes
- Certain medications
- Sleep changes
- Sensory stimuli like smell, sound, and light
Risk factors like gender, age, and genetic factors can also cause migraines.
How Can Our Chiropractor Help with Headaches and Migraines?
When you visit our chiropractor, we will perform a physical exam to determine the underlying cause of your pain. After a diagnosis, our chiropractor will create a personalized treatment plan for you. Our methods are natural and drug-free, so you don’t have to rely on pain medications, which can become addicting. Our chiropractor may use one or more of these treatment methods to provide head pain relief:
- Spinal adjustments: Since your nervous system controls pain, chiropractic adjustments aim to alleviate pressure on the spinal nerves. Removing joint restrictions and misalignments on the spine boosts your nervous system. An optimally working nervous system translates to better management of pain, including headaches and migraines.
- Lifestyle counseling: Our chiropractor helps you identify triggers that contribute to migraines. Our chiropractor may recommend dietary changes and other lifestyle changes to reduce the intensity and frequency of your migraines.
- Nasal release technique: This treatment focuses releasing pressure in the skull, which alleviates headache pain.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor in McMurray, PA
If you are experiencing headaches or migraines, we can help. At Anderson Chiropractic in McMurray, PA, we use natural remedies for migraine and headache relief. Call us today to schedule an appointment.