Joint Pain Treatment
Joints refer to the intersections of the body where bones meet, making movement easier. Joints include the knees, hips, elbows, and shoulders. Joint pain is often caused by an injury or ailment. Our chiropractor at Anderson Chiropractic provides holistic chiropractic services for joint pain in and around McMurray, PA.
The Common Causes of Joint Pain
- Arthritis: affects the wrists, hips, knees, and hands
- Bursitis: affects the cushioning pads around the joints
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Bone or joint infections
- Various health disorders such as hepatitis, mumps, and influenza
Signs and Symptoms of Joint Pain
While some joint aches fade with time, some cases require the intervention of a qualified chiropractor. You need to see a doctor if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Your joints are tender, swollen, or inflamed
- You have severe pain, which gets worse with time
- You experience fever in addition to chronic pain
- You have a sports or an automobile injury
- The area around the joint looks deformed
- Experience a limited range of motion
Joint Pain Diagnosis and Treatment
Dr. Anderson will start by going through your medical history before performing a thorough physical examination. We will also ask a few questions related to your joint pain. We may order a joint X-ray or blood test to check for other health disorders.
After the diagnosis, our chiropractor will create a treatment plan that is personalized to your specific condition. If your joint pain is caused by an underlying health condition, the treatment plan will focus on curing that problem, which will ease your joint pain. We will find a way to manage your symptoms and correct any injuries your bones may have sustained. Chiropractic care for joint pain may involve:
- Chiropractic adjustments involving manual manipulation of the misaligned joints and surrounding tissues.
- Application of ice or heat to ease swelling and soreness.
- Massage therapy to increase the oxygen and blood circulation to the affected region.
- Physical exercises such as strengthening and stretching exercises to increase the range of motion.
- Ultrasound therapy
Contact Our Chiropractor in McMurray, PA
Joint pain often occurs due to repetitive stress injuries, auto accident injuries, sports injuries, or an autoimmune health disorder. Joint pain can be a debilitating condition that prevents you from performing even simple tasks. If you live in or around McMurry and suffer from joint pain, Dr. Anderson at Anderson Chiropractic is here to help. Call our team today at (724) 941-5805 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.