At Anderson Chiropractic, our chiropractor may recommend physical therapy if you are finding it hard to complete your daily tasks or have suffered an illness or injury. This treatment aims at easing your pain, improving your mobility, and reducing the likelihood of your pain returning in the future. We have been sharing the benefits of physical therapy with residents of McMurray, PA for many years, and will assess your condition to determine the physical therapy practices that will benefit you the most.
Types of Physical Therapy
Physical therapy is evolving and becoming more effective thanks to the development of new technology. Despite the advancements, the types of physical therapies remain the same.
Occupational Physical Therapy
This type of therapy is commonly used on patients who suffer work-related repetitive motion injuries. Occupational physical therapy focuses on upper body strength as well as the lower back, which are often affected by work-related activities.
Pediatric Physical Therapy
This type of physical therapy addresses the growth and mobility needs of children. This type of physical therapy is also ideal for adolescents who have been injured while playing sports.
Geriatric Physical Therapy
Geriatric physical therapy addresses the mobility problems of elderly patients.
What to Expect During Physical Therapy
Our physical therapist patients through various healing phases from diagnosis to recovery. Physical therapy can be a standalone treatment or support to other types of treatments. A patient going through physical therapy can expect the following:
- Diagnosis and physical evaluation including an assessment of your health history. We will also evaluate your movement, posture, and flexibility.
- A plan of care with short and long-term goals after a clinical diagnosis.
- Scheduled physical therapy treatment based on the chiropractor’s evaluation and diagnosis.
Conditions Addressed by Physical Therapy
The following are the most common conditions that can be treated by physical therapy:
- Sports Injuries: Our chiropractor can relieve your pain and restore your range of motion following a sports injury such as a stress fracture.
- Back and Neck Pain: Sudden acute pain or prolonged chronic back and neck pain can affect your body’s normal functioning and movement. This therapy aims at reducing pain and improving mobility.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: This is a disorder that causes tiredness no matter how much you rest.
Visit Anderson Chiropractic in McMurray for Quality Physical Therapy
Physical therapy is one of the most flexible types of treatment. It can treat conditions such as back pain, neck pain, respiratory issues, and many more. If you are looking for physical therapy in McMurray, PA, contact Anderson Chiropractic today. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call us today at (724) 941-5805.